|Location: Havant||Salary: £80000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Maritime Chief Engineer
My client have an increasing number of programmes and opportunities associated with design and integration of Maritime systems and subsystems for the UK Armed Forces and potential overseas customers. This position is for a Maritime Chief Engineer to contribute to the effective delivery of programmes and to further develop this line of business.
Supporting the the wider Maritime business, tasking will include System Engineering activities in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements).
- Being the technical representative and ambassador of the client to customers in this business area.
- Responsibility for and provision of engineering assurance and governance across all Maritime programmes.
- Generation of common, tailored technical solutions for all programmes within the franchise, and alignment with business and commercial elements of solutions.
- Leadership of all multi-disciplined technical staff assigned across the franchise, including permanently-assigned staff and staff shared with other programmes.
- Generation of White Papers, Requests for Information/Proposal responses, and delivery of appropriate external events such as demonstrations, conference exhibitions and presentations
- Generation of Should-Costs, estimates, resource and staffing requirements, nominal schedules, opportunity qualification activities, competitive analysis.
- Creating alignment between opportunities and existing and planned products, including reach-back to US and international business units for product identification and influencing.
- Providing support to capture events including strategy development, competitive analysis and internal/independent reviews.
- Carry out the role of Chair at Technical Review Board meetings
- Analyse business & market strategies and developing product/technology roadmap(s) for assigned area of responsibility
- Plan and deliver IRAD and Capital projects to align with business goals.
- Providing visibility of activities to stakeholders.
- Development of external relationships including across customers, user, other businesses, universities and lab engagements, including securing third party investments.
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test, installation and acceptance of Maritime systems
- Customer focussed attitude and ability to synthesise contractual needs and requirements into effective system solution architectures within agreed technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams in pursuit of new opportunities including operational analysis, preliminary solution definition, solution design and preparation and delivery of proposal material including schedule and cost estimates
- Able to develop Technology Roadmaps and conduct assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems, and embodiment of COTS/MOTS Systems
- Able to conduct internal and customer-funded Research and Development studies
- Able to support Systems Engineering tasking - requirements analysis, decomposition, allocation, systems integration and testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of Model Based Engineering and Digital Development Environments
- Working knowledge of current Defence Standards
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme Management and business leadership
- Ability to interpret current practices and processes, recommend improvements where necessary and drive change
- Ability to plan and control of own work and that of any assigned Engineers
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other Engineers
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Maritime Chief Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.