|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £45000 - £49000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Maritime Support Engineer
Maritime Support Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Maritime Support Engineer who will be responsible to the Maritime In-service Support Manager for conducting all Maritime related support activities, inclusive of integration and test of new software builds for the platforms and related land-based test sites. This includes the development and implementation of MoD installations, test and acceptance processes.
What the role entails:
The Maritime Support Engineer will be required to:
- Support of software rollout plans for upgrades to Radar and Navigation systems.
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of system upgrades to RN platforms and Land sites primarily for Radar and Navigation systems.
- Support Training activities for Maritime programmes.
- Conduct platform Software installation, test and verification activities as directed by the Maritime In-Service Support Manager.
- Develop and document OPDEF/Fault rectifications and subsequent and test procedures.
- Develop and conduct equipment Diagnosis and Repair (including telephone and defect report support).
- Support equipment trend analysis.
- Present and conduct Maritime Capability, Trials and Acceptance (MCTA) Installation Inspections, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Trials as directed by the Maritime Installation Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to travel and work off site primarily on-board Royal Navy ships, submarines and shore establishments.
- Candidate will be expected to undertake Field Support Engineer work within the Maritime domain and will be required to:
- Perform diagnosis, maintenance on and modifications to the electrical, electronic, IT and mechanical systems installed on Operational Platforms and in Training establishments. The highest level of engineering standards and practices are expected at all times.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all interfacing systems.
- Provide advice and guidance to system users.
- Foster and maintain end-user customer relationships.
- Candidates will be expected to undertake Maritime sea trials on-board Royal Navy ships and submarines.
- Candidates may be expected to undertake specialist Royal Navy training requirements (sea survival course, submarine escape training) in support of Maritime sea trials
What you need to be the successful Maritime Support Engineer:
In order to be the successful Maritime Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous Radar/Navigation experience
- Previous Maritime navigation experience, including WECDIS, Naval Compass and Radar Systems
- Previous Maritime platform acceptance process experience, MCTA, HAT and SAT
- MOD A&A BP10 Process, including Change Impact Assessment Procedure (CIAP)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Maritime Support Egineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.