|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
Maritime Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Maritime Systems Engineer to join a global defence company at their office in Havant.
The role will be working alongside the UK armed forces with design and integration of Maritime Systems and Subsystems.
The successful maritime systems engineer will be a maritime specialist and be looking for the next exciting step in their career to be at the forefront of our naval security.
Job Specification - Maritime Systems Engineer
This position is for a Maritime Systems Engineer to contribute to developing and growing the design and integration of maritime systems and subsystems, including System Engineering activities in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements).
Daily tasks include:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include:
- Concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
Requirements for the Maritime Systems Engineer
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of Maritime Navigation, Sensor and Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems
- Customer focussed attitude and ability to manage Customer requirements including their decomposition to derive System and Sub-System Specifications
- Experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews
- Ability to co-ordinate and support Technical Interchange and Working Group meetings with the Customer, Suppliers and other stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of Defence Standards
- Experience in supporting Maritime new business opportunities and providing input into the production of proposals and engineering cost/schedule estimates
Benefits of the Maritime Systems Engineer Role
Due to the nature of the client and industry, we cannot confirm the full benefits package of the maritime systems engineer position, however we can confirm the below:
- You will be working for an industry leading company
- You will be afforded genuine career progression and salary reviews.
- The role will be extremely rewarding and you will feel very valued.
If you want to know monetary benefits, please do call Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503.
If you are an experienced maritime systems engineer, please do apply by sending your CV in via this website, or calling Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.