|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Maritime Systems Engineer
Maritime Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Maritime organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Maritime Systems Engineer with experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews, experience of Defence Standards, and ideally experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of either Maritime Navigation, Sensor or Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems.
What the role entails:
The company has an increasing number of programmes and opportunities associated with design and integration of Maritime systems and subsystems for the UK Armed Forces and potential overseas customers. This position is for a Maritime Systems Engineer to contribute to developing and growing this line of business including System Engineering activities in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements). Reporting to the Lead Systems Engineer, tasking will include:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
What you need to be the successful Maritime Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Maritime Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of Maritime Navigation, Sensor and Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems
- Customer focused attitude and ability to manage Customer requirements including their decomposition to derive System and Sub-System Specifications
- Experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews
- Ability to co-ordinate and support Technical Interchange and Working Group meetings with the Customer, Suppliers and other stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of Defence Standards
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable skills and experience are as follows:
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of working effectively without day to day supervision under only general direction. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources and meet set objectives
- Proven inter-personal skills and able to work within a small technical team alongside other functions as part of a wider Project Team
- Experience in supporting Maritime new business opportunities and providing input into the production of proposals and engineering cost/schedule estimates
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Maritime Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applications moving forward for the Maritime Systems Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.