|Location: Sheffield||Salary: £350000.00 - £400000.00 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 17 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: Head of Engineering
LOCATION: President Way Sheffield
SALARY: £35K - £40K + COMPANY BENEFITS
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide AutoCAD designs to the latest standards for a variety of Industrial Switchgear systems LV/MV for the business. You will have previous experience within a Mechanical Engineer / Draughtsman role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the main responsibilities include:
- Mechanical 2D/3D CAD of products within required timescales
- Production of high-quality engineering drawings ensuring proper application of tolerance, limits
and fit with necessary BOMs, Production Drawings and work instructions.
- Provide support and assistance to the Service Department in the design of upgrade opportunities
for legacy equipment.
- Provide support and assistance to the production department whilst the control panel build is
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety
- Comply with and promote the Company's values and behaviours
- Carry out other reasonable duties requested by management
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICIATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD
- Experience of LV/MV Switchgear - Essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and Industry standards
- Proven experience in a similar role
- At least 2 years of experience designing for manufacture.
- Experience designing bespoke equipment systems using CAD
- High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- A passion for Engineering and your personal development.
- Experience of working in a project-based environment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, EXPEREINCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Upholds the company core values
- Promotes and encourages a positive workplace culture and quality work ethic
- Support the Company in all Health & Safety matters, Risk assessments and Safe systems of
- Participates positively in team meetings and briefs
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation
- Participates in HR programs and supports company policies
- Help support trainees and apprentices where applicable
- Enforces policies and procedures as per our commitment to Health & Safety, Quality &
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.