|Location: Oxford||Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Mechanical and Electrical Technician
£28,000 - £33,000
About the Mechanical and Electrical Technician Role:
We have an excellent opportunity for an experience Mechanical and Electrical Technician to join a large successful Water business working within the Water Production Site.
As the mechanical and electrical technician, you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team alongside a range of operational teams such as systems ICA and water quality.
Key Duties for the Mechanical and Electrical Technician:
- Ensuring all equipment at the water production site is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
- You will inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
- Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- Participate in a 24/7 out of hours standby rota
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on include; various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- 18th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ 2/3
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled' capacity
- NVQ or City & Guilds level 3 in mechanical engineering would also be ideal
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment
- Experience maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD's and 3 phase electrical switchgear is essential
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require completion of appropriate training for this
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn about water treatment processes.
- Due to the nature of this role, your permanent address must be within 15 miles of the Thames Water company boundary
- A full UK driving licence is essential
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.