|Location: Watford||Salary: £32000 - £37600 per annum|
|Sector: Water & Waste Management||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Mechanical & Electrical Technician
Mechanical & Electrical Technician needed for a well-known utilities' organisation based in Watford who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical & Electrical Technician that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD's and 3 phase electrical switchgears.
The successful candidate needs to have a 18th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification. If you have an apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled capacity that would be a plus!
- Salary: £32,000 - £37,600 per annum
- 24 day's holidays
- Pension Plan
- Season ticket loans
- Referral Scheme
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical & Electrical Technician will include:
- Carrying out scheduled planned and reactive maintenance work on a variety of wastewater residential assets and industrial electrical machinery in compliance with company procedures in order to minimise plant breakdowns.
- Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on will be various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical & Electrical Technician:
- 18th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification are crucial.
- NVQ or City & Guilds level 3 in mechanical engineering would be ideal.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying, or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment.
- Experience maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD's and 3 phase electrical switchgear is essential.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical & Electrical Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.