|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £35 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a global medical devices organisation based in Leeds who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of 3D CAD Systems and mechanical product design.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a payrate of up to £40.00 per hour.
What the role entails:
The role will drive the design and project of customized implants from either Management CT scan data or X ray data and additionally project manage each case to ensuring alignment to both business and customer requirements, this is a highly creative role; unique nature of patient-specific implant design, to deliver an end to end design solution for the customer using the latest technologies and delivering to very tight time lines.
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Interprets x-rays and Request Forms to determine patient and surgeon requirements
* Designs custom-made implants:
* Creates 3D CAD models using Unigraphics
* Creates 2D drawings and X-ray templates
* Liaises with NPI workshop employees to ensure designs can be manufactured
* Supports NPI workshop employees throughout manufacture
* Liaises with surgeons and Account Managers throughout each project
* Creates Custom Design Rationale document for each project
* Compiles documentation and for Case History File (CHF)
* Keeps in-house records up to date
* Participates in and sometimes leads departmental performance improvement projects
* Participates in the implementation of new technology
* May perform simple mechanical analysis calculations and/or use basic Design Space FEA to verify designs, where necessary
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Qualified to minimum of HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Product Design, or with equivalent experience
* Applied knowledge of high end 3D CAD systems
* Hand calculation (Stress/Strain) and elementary FEA experience
* Working knowledge of design standards and practices (ISO and ASME)
* Practical knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T)
* Experience of working in a highly regulated, quality systems-oriented industry
* Practical knowledge of GMP disciplines
* Accomplished IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, databases - typical office applications
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!