|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for an Aerospace organisation based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of 3D CAD Systems and Aircraft repair.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a Very competitive annual salary and the following benefits:
* 25 Days Holiday
* Free Parking
* Subsidised Restaurant
* Matched Pension up to 12 %
* Gym Membership (Subsidised)
* Share Incentive Schemes
* + Much more!
What the role entails:
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Fleet Support to be responsible for the running of the design repair team in providing timely design, repair and obsolescence issues solutions in support of the Company fleet of Falcon 20 aircraft and missions equipment to ensure the aircraft and missions equipment are available to the flying operations of the company in order to meet customer demands.
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Evaluate, prepare and propose fully engineered aircraft structural repair schemes in conjunction with aircraft manufacturers Structural Repair Manual (SRM) and/or component manufacturers repair manual in a timely manner.
* Advise and assist maintenance staff during the implementation of structural repairs.
* Evaluate, prepare and propose fully engineered aircraft modification and obsolescence solutions.
* Assist Engineering Control in the liaison with the aircraft OEM for repairs outside of the scope of approval.
* Responsible for the total mechanical design elements of a task or project.
* Liaison with customer, interfacing sections, departments as briefed.
* Instigate and attend design review meetings and to attend planning meetings and contract progress meetings as required.
* Supervise and motivate staff assigned to the task or project with particular reference to compliance with all procedures and standards.
* Liaison with equipment suppliers and sub-contractors
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Familiarity with aircraft major and minor structural repairs, SRM techniques and preparation of design documentation in support of the repair or modification.
* Sound knowledge of Mechanical Design and Computer Aided Design (CATIA v5).
* Strong teamwork skills and a track record of delivering to a programme.
* Sound Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to Design.
* HNC/Foundation Degree or Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
* Preferably a CVE signatory.
* Ideally the candidate will have experience of aircraft repairs within an airline/fleet environment and be able to assess the extent of work to provide design estimates and provide advice to base, line maintenance and CAMO on structural damage issues.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!