|Location: Christchurch, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sian Driscoll||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent - Bournemouth
Purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
My client, a leading global aerospace company, are currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Reporting to the Head of design the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the Design of mechanical parts, assemblies and systems as well as the compilation of associated documentation for the design of new components and/or modification of aerial platforms.
This role is based at Bournemouth International Airport.
Some of the main duties the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Ensure that the requisite design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but Is not limited to:
* Drawings, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
* Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
* Support the Head of Design, Principal Design Engineer and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
* Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc. are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
* Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
* Support the Design Focal in design review meetings, i.e. PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Auto CAD experience
* 21 J Organisations
* Avionics Design
* Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
* A clear understanding of aircraft component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
* CATIA proficient.
* Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
* A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, i.e. EASA, JAA, FAA, is desirable.
* The ability to work alone or within a team environment, and as a team member, playing a key role in the production of design data
* Proficient in Microsoft© Word and Excel
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career within the defence industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!