|Location: Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Space||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who takes pride in their work
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Work closely with Product Group and other Engineering Personnel to design new and enhance existing products, and manufacturing equipment by applying Mechanical Design knowledge and skills.
- Generate and maintain Product Data Package documentation that accurately and efficiently embodies product design intent utilising 2D CAD and 3D solid modelling tools and other appropriate software.
- Produce designs that meet customer technical, quality and safety requirements and are capable of cost effective manufacture.
- Delivery of work packages within budget and to agreed timescales.
- Work with outside suppliers to design products/equipment, which meet the design specification and are capable of cost effective manufacture.
- Provide mentoring on Mechanical Design issues such as Solving Mechanical Design Problems, Interpretation of Engineering Drawings, Material selection, Stress and Thermal considerations, Design Concepts, Rapid Prototyping etc.
- Researching background information from a variety of sources in support of mechanical design decisions
- Timely action of engineering change requests in accordance with company procedures, and progress them through the design office to completion.
- Ensure that work packages assigned to you are completed on time and within budget.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the field of Mechanical Design and MCAD and applying knowledge to develop new processes that will deliver process improvement.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Highly competent level of mechanical design knowledge and application (machining, sheet metal fabrication, joining techniques etc.)
- Highly Competent in technical draughting
- Highly proficient use of 2D and 3D CAD packages (preferably AutoCAD and PTC Creo).
- Knowledge and experience of applying design and drawing standards such as BS8888
- Knowledge of material science
- Experience of product and document configuration management
- Disciplined approach and good communication skills
- Be proactive in seeking resolutions to problems
- Ability to effectively manage time and costs - work package management
- Ability to motivate self to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively and to track progress to deal with any issues as they arise
- Degree/H.N.C. or equivalent qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline
- CM2 Accreditation/ ITIL
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.