|Location: Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Flexible hours + pension|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Leighton Buzzard - permanent
Up to £40,000 (dependent on experience)
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior, products and solutions.
Benefits for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, flexy hours and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and detail modelling of a variety of suit componenents in order to meet the programme requirements.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
* The creation of Service Bulletins, Repair Schemes and Service Letters that meets the customers modifications or repair needs and that conform to EASA requirements through our DOA procedures
* Managing and meeting cost and weight targets
* Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information (Airbus, Boeing, Sukhoi and other Commercial airlines)
* Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
* The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
* Ensuring the successful integration of each design element with the product as a whole
* Following and contributing to the development of the Best Practice guidelines as laid out in Quality documentation
* Checking engineering packages
* Generating and/or revising specifications
* Participating in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
* Any other reasonable duties
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Previous experience of using Unigraphics or Catia v5
A good understanding of:
* aircraft interior architecture with a working knowledge of Boeing, Airbus requirements
* effective application of tolerances and G D & T awareness of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken the companies change control process
A good understanding of:
* manufacturing capabilities and limitations
* methods of assembly employed by Operations
* material selection
* protective treatments
* best practice for the integration of mechanical and electrical systems
* Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in design related field and/or proven related experience
* A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture to be employed such as: Machining, Casting, Vacuum forming, Injection moulding, Composite materials, Trim and finish
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career within a highly reputable company.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.