|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £35 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Medical Devices organisation based in Leeds who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Research and Development preferably within a medical devices environment.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity to work for a globally recognized company but also because they will receive a very competitive rate of pay: £40 p/h.
What the role entails:
Mechanical design is primarily concerned with ensuring that form, fit, function and both ease of use and of manufacture are satisfied during the product design process. The unambiguous and comprehensive conveyance of all information/data, required to manufacture products cost effectively is a fundamental and core responsibility. The accurate capture and translation of stakeholder needs into innovative, novel and robust design solutions that have been verified and validated appropriately is also a central activity for ensuring the quality of product designs.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
A lateral thinker, an ideas generator, a problem solver…
* Comfortable with a variety of problem solving methodologies
* A deep understanding of mechanisms
* The ability to effectively turn customer requirements into design solutions
* Transposes own knowledge of manufacturing methods and limitations into cost effective design solutions.
The ability to turn an idea into a product…
* 3D-CAD modeling and detail in accordance with ISO/ASME and company standards including the use and understanding of, for example, Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing & weld specifications.
* Participate in the systematic review of function and value analysis
* Orchestrate and participate in Design FMEA's
* Ensure that engineering designs are safe, effective and appropriately verified. Scope includes externally generated designs, 3-D models and drawings; ensuring that data conforms to company standards and worldwide Regulatory requirements
Ability to predict the success and failure of conceptual design…
* Ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations or simulations that verify detail design and minimize physical testing
* Possesses an understanding of materials (surgical instrument materials and biomaterials), with the ability to rationalize appropriate selection criteria
* Possesses an appreciation of the implications of mechanical design, both during surgery and following the implantation of a medical device
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.