|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30.00 - £38.25 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Initially 12 months
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Medical Devices company who specialise within Orthopaedic Limbs, Joint Reconstruction and Spinal Care.
Purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
Mechanical design is primarily concerned with ensuring that form, fit, function and ease of manufacture are satisfied during the product design process. The unambiguous and comprehensive conveyance of all information/data, required to manufacture products cost effectively is a fundamental and core responsibility. The accurate capture and translation of customer requirements into innovative, novel and robust design solutions that have been validated is also a central activity for ensuring the quality of product designs.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Undertake detailed tolerance analysis in 2D and 3D.
* Create and manage Engineering Change Orders.
* Undertake mechanical/numerical analysis.
* Participate in the systematic review of function and value analysis.
* Assume responsibility for own design commitments & delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans.
* Take ownership of design related engineering changes, working with other project team members to ensure they are completed and implemented in a timely manner.
* Generate data and reports required for the design section of the development history files (DHF).
* Participate in Design FMEA's and the companies Risk Management Process.
* Interact with all levels of company management, external experts and vendors.
* Liaise with and supervise vendors contracted to supply design related information to the company.
* Work to product and project cost targets
* Working as part of a Global Project Core Team.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Possess a mechanical design engineering background.
* Possess a minimum HNC/HND plus 5 years' experience or Degree plus 2 years' experience.
* Proficient Siemens NX/Unigraphics CAD User would be an advantage.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career within the medical devices industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.