|Location: Manchester||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Rail & Infrastructure, Engineering, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Mechanical Design Engineer (Gas)
Up To £45,000 + benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading multinational professional services organisation based in the Manchester area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. You will need to be experienced within the UK's gas industry and experienced in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure.
What the role of the Mechanical Design Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Producing Feasibility Studies and Conceptual designs on UK Gas projects, including pipelines and AGI's.
- Producing Mechanical / Gas Engineering Detailed Designs on UK gas projects across all pressure tiers.
- Liaise with multidiscipline teams, including CAD Technicians.
- Support Project Manager with project delivery and Design Coordination.
- Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries.
- Keeping updated records to keep track of scheme progress.
- Provide technical support to the project.
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status
- Experience in the UK Gas Industry.
- Experience in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure. (HP experience would be desirable).
- Knowledge of IGEM Standards, including IGEM/TD/1, IGEM/TD/3 and IGEM/TD/13.
- Knowledge of technical specifications for equipment including governors, pipe and fittings.
- Working knowledge of the IGEM/GL/5 process and associated gas industry associated processes (G/17, PS/5, G/35).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.