|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £30000 - £55000 per annum + To be disclosed on application|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: April Burton|
Salary Negotiable on application
Mechanical Engineer needed for a leading Electronics Engineering company based in Wimborne. My client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes and experience working with project full life cycles.
On Offer For You
The successful Mechanical Engineer will want to work for my client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits that could include:
- Competitive salary
- Recognition and Reward Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Corporate gym discounts
- Free eye care tests
- Financial advisor
- Sufficient days to be retained from annual leave for Christmas closure
This excellent role would be based at their Dorset site with occasional travel to see customers and suppliers. Travel to other sites may also be required.
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
* Evaluates products by designing and conducting appropriate design, development, verification and validation methods.
* Applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics and materials etc.
* Strong ability to use analytical techniques to design out potential design and process failures.
* Applies development life cycles to cascade customer requirements through to validated design.
* Supports the development products by studying customer requirements through to validated design.
* Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
* Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods.
* Prepares product reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
* Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
* Support team based problem solving using recognised tools and techniques.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
* Strong communication skills.
* Recent 3D CAD experience.
* A minimum of BTEC qualified in a Mechanical, Aerospace, Automotive Engineering or similar discipline.
* Experience working with a variety of mechanical manufacturing processes and assembly techniques including welding, brazing and high vacuum.
* Knowledge of radioactive materials.
* Experience working with detailed drawing packs.
* Experience working with jigs and fixtures.
* Knowledge of analytical simulation techniques such as FEA.
* Knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM/A and root cause analysis.
* Knowledge of full product life cycles
* Experience supporting the design and assembly of products designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions.
This really fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply soon as this position will be filled quickly.
Due to the nature of this company, you must be eligible for Security Clearance (MUST only hold a British Passport.)
Salary Negotiable on application
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.