|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Mechanical Engineer needed for a leading design & manufacturing organisation based in Wokingham who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge Solidworks, and stress & fatigue analysis.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive
* 26 day's holidays
* Contributory Pension
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Income Protection
* Free Parking
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
* Create designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
* Perform classical engineering analysis on designs, stress, fatigue & vibration analysis using conventional analysis and computer simulation
* Perform thermal analysis to ensure adequate cooling of internal electronic components
* Produce detailed engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing,
* Perform lab testing for verification and conformance to design requirements
* Apply creative thinking, analysis and good judgement to propose innovative solutions to technical problems
* Develop engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
* Be willing to support occasional travel in UK and abroad on client business
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
* Degree in relevant engineering discipline
* The successful candidate must have a flair for new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering
* Experience in the design of electronics enclosures for use in harsh environments - preferably in the defence industry is beneficial
* Proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production.
* An understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
* Experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD systems.
* Ability to liaise with customers verbally and in writing in an effective manner, producing reports and participating in formal design reviews
* Self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan
* Able to adapt quickly in a fast-changing environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechaniacl Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!