|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 29 days ago|
3-month initial contract
Mechanical Engineer needed for a market leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical/avionic equipment installations, ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and knowledge of composite and metallic structures.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Produce high integrity programme deliverables (concept schemes. detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company's procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specifications
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the design and manufacturing phases of the programme
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews to meet or exceed programme schedule
- To undertake any other duties and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical/avionic equipment installations
- Ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and the production of the associated manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of composite and metallic structures.
- Mechanism design an advantage
- Air vehicle concept design an advantage.
- Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining and composites) and design for manufacture and assembly
- Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888)
- Ability to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs
- Ability to develop design solutions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.