|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Life Sciences, Technology, Safety||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Term: Intial 6 Months
Hourly Rate: £DOE - INSDIE IR35
Mechanical Engineer needed for a multinational organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Engineer the candidate will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals.
The position is a 6-month contract, with the opportunity for extension, paying an hourly rate at £DOE + Inside IR35.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Generate concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes
- Carrying out elements of the product design
- Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
- Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
- A HND or higher in mechanical engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g., systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g., EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. SolidWorks is required
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Eligibilty to gain OR current SC Clearance is required for this role
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.