|Location: Lancashire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 21 days ago|
12 month fixed-term contract
Mechanical Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Lancashire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of design sofware, the candidate will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Managing Engineering technical query/change process to ensure the ships design integrity and configuration is maintained.
- Solving complex engineering issues, presenting change status to senior project stakeholders and coordinating between a large number of technical Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Representing the organisation at Installation Inspections, as well as Setting to Work and Commissioning activities.
- Providing continuous design and technical support to the Alliance partners.
- Managing and coordinating suppliers onsite activities.
- Working with a high degree of technical autonomy, demonstrating a commitment to professional engineering principles and value.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in both business processes and project activities.
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
- Good technical knowledge of mechanical systems
- Understanding of engineering design, integration and acceptance process
- Strong understand of good safety culture, ideally within a production environment in the Marine and/or
- Defence Sector
- Ideally have experience in surveying and setting to work engineering design installations.
- Good awareness of MoD or other defence organisation life cycle management toolset.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Eligibilty to gain OR current SC Clearance is required for this role
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.