|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Mechanical Project Engineer
UK Wide - Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow - Hybrid Working
£38,000 - £45,000
Mechanical Project Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices across the UK, such as Portsmouth/Bristol/Farnborough/Glasgow areas who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Project Engineers that takes pride in their work.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will be degree qualified within electrical engineering or equivalent experience. As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will be responsible for providing Mechanical Engineering services to Submarine Build Programmes, projects, bids and improvement initiatives as directed by the Project Engineering Manager Submarines Lead.
This role will provide you with the opportunity of working on one of the UK's biggest strategic assets. You will have the opportunity to complete Chartership and other relevant role-based development.
What the role of the Mechanical Project Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Project Engineer will include:
During the design phase:
- Supporting technical investigations, root cause analysis, feasibility and concept studies. Applying engineering theory/technical knowledge to support findings and recommendations including design substantiation via calculation and simulation
- Defining equipment/system technical requirements and acceptance routes. Applying and managing requirements to drive the development of design solutions for electrical systems, including supplier/OEM management, Change Requests and Concessions
- Applying analysis outputs to demonstrate compliance with safety, functional and performance requirements
During the transition from design to build:
- Assessing and managing the integration of solutions with other engineering systems across the platform in accordance with Engineering Lifecycle Governance processes
- Resolving production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent
- Supporting in the application of mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
- Supporting Production Teams to aid in the application of requirements and standards to ensure they are fully understood and met
- Line Management of Project Engineers within their respective Engineering Support teams
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Experience of working within an Engineering role supporting submarines or their subsystems/equipment, or equivalent maritime engineering experience
- Experience of working in complex design programmes
- You must have experience of working on Mechanical systems, Hydraulics, HVAC, Cooling, Valves, Diesel Generators, Variable Ballast Systems, Steam, Transmission, Feed and Modelling
- Must be willing to travel across the UK to different sites at least once a month
- Degree qualified (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Ideally have design software knowledge or willing to learn the desired software package
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.