|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Mixed Signal Design Engineer
My client has been trusted to design and deliver CCD and CMOS imaging sensors and sub-systems for over 150 space missions by the world's largest space agencies, including NASA, ESA, JAXA, CSA and recently for the Russian-led World Space Observatory.
We offer space imaging supply chain management, including space qualified imaging sensors, arrays and sub-systems for space science, earth observation and astronomy; helping solve the mysteries of the Universe and understanding climate change on Earth.
Summary and Responsibilities:
This role would ideally be suited to an experienced engineer with recent analogue and mixed-signal CMOS design experience looking for a new challenge. The candidate should have the potential to lead future new custom designs working with both internal and external subcontractors.
Personal development opportunities will be available throughout our global international organisation for high performers.
Your personal values must be in line with ours: Agility, Integrity, Excellence throughout and Customers first.
Mixed Signal Design
- Participate to the feasibility study of new projects by providing design solutions and development time estimations.
- Designing analogue, mixed-signal (ADC) and full custom blocks for imaging (specification, architecture, schematic, outputting guidance for layout and review of layout, simulation, test strategy, robustness of the design).
- To ensure that designs are right first time or that only a metal fix is required if that has been defined in the programme plan.
- Ensure that newly design circuits have been designed for ease of testability.
- Support the test and characterization team.
- To participate in the continuous improvement of the design flow for space and Astronomy. To ensure that the right tools and methodology are put in place to satisfy the flow requirements.
- Protect our intellectual property and hence market position by identifying novel solutions for patent protection
- To contribute to the design of new technology building blocks to ensure that my client can meet the needs of space customers in the future.
- Understanding of CMOS full custom layout
- Adaptability with strong problem solving skills
- Able to interface with a large team including some based abroad
- Able to travel abroad
- Continuous improvement, methodolog
Other relevant experience
- Understanding of electronic Imaging including electro-optical performance
- Pixel CMOS technology
- Understanding of radiation effects in a space environment
- Continuous improvement, methodology
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.