|Location: Amsterdam||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 24 days ago|
As a Senior network architect, your daily work would require combining design skills and B2B knowledge with strong technical expertise.
Gathering B2B product requirements and objectives, producing blueprints for complex, large-scale, integrated networks, clearly communicating that architecture to stakeholders and effectively advocating for the necessary B2B investments to support the deployment.
Effective communications towards line manager and at times, C-level executives.
- Creating architectures for business services in multiple domains.
- Support B2B product teams in designing products across multiple market segments.
- Work closely with B2B management to determine B2B process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support B2B goals.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect B2B needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation.
- Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Communicate the role and value of the network to the organization and present the B2B case for technology investments.
- Continually update understanding of B2B and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as B2B evolves.
- Bridge the technology gaps between central and in-country roadmaps.
- Build relationships with virtual technical teams to drive central technology roadmaps.
- Support in-country and corporate product management teams in aligning product and technical roadmaps.
- Work closely with strategy teams on long term technology roadmaps.
- Lead developments on new products and/or services with the larger organization.
- Provide leadership and direction for all stakeholders within programs.
- Lead and support design development for input into HLD's / LLD's
- Provide the test teams with test plans that can be used for certifications.
- Lead and support in-country roll-out of new platforms, products and services.
- Drive test automation frameworks for connectivity products and emerging technologies, such as SDN and NFV.
- Lead vendor relationships within the connectivity platform domain.
- Drive technical roadmaps with vendor's based on future product requirements.
- Likely - but not necessary - to be educated to degree level in Electronics, Computing or Telecommunications and/or have professional certification in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering, natural science…).
- Microsoft & Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Proven experience, confidential subject handling and messaging at all levels.
- Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment.
- Substantial experience (5+ years) and proven track record in the delivery of complex technology projects, test, certification and system integration activities.
- Experience in leading test automation framework development.
- Experienced in working with operations teams in the telecommunications, cable, and/or media industries.
- Strong technical knowledge of operational and safety requirements within an Internet provider environment.
- Experience and proven track record in virtualisation and orchestration components such as for instance KVM, Openstack, VMware, ONAP, Cloud-solutions, AWS, Azure, Scripting, Ansible, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- Often, five or more years focused in network design and technical project/product management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies through achievement of Cisco CCDE, CCIE and other professional certifications. A college degree with a technical major is also a frequent requirement.
- Ability to work within design teams and mentor IT colleagues.
- In-depth understanding of B2B strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior B2B managers and C-level executives.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with the ability to continually self-monitor and motivate others within in a global matrix working environment .
- Broad knowledge of multiple technology platforms and end-to-end service architectures.
- Expert knowledge of Euro DOCSIS (D3.0 & D3.1), Packet Cable , WiFi and SIP protocols.
- Good working knowledge in large scale complex application and network configurations.
- Experience in working with design teams and contributing to the overall network and application design in multiple customer environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills , fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Operational experience - support provided during fault resolution / trouble-shooting of complex network and platform issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are needed, as well as experience in communicating, persuading, and influencing senior management stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare and present formal presentations to management
- Clearly understands self-development requirements in order to maintain continuous professional development.
- Openly gives and receives feedback in order to develop self and others with a positive approach and supportive of change.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.