|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Olly Nixon|
Job Title: Network Management System Design Engineer
Location: Farnborough - Onsite Working
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: DOE + Inside IR35
Key Skills: Network Design, Systems, Network Management, Software, NMS, SolarWinds, Nagios, TCP/IP, Networking, Leadership, VMWare, vSphere, SAN Storage
An experienced Network System Design Engineer is required to play a key role in working onsite with a client based in Farnborough.
So, what will you be doing as a Network System Design Engineer?
- Build and Deploy a new user facing Network Management System including monitoring of bespoke software/system components.
- Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Build Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
- Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides according to engineering processes.
- Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
- Visit data centres & sites (inc. Scotland).
- Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
- Work with operations and engineering team to optimize deployments into in service systems.
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes according to engineering processes.
What are we looking for in our next Network System Design Engineer?
- Experience of deploying, configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS), Nagios, PRTG, etc. including using Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP).
- Good TCP/IP networking experience and understanding of enterprise equipment (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge
- SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
- High level of written and spoken English
- High standard of documentation
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Network System Design Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.