|Location: City of London||Salary: £38000 - £44000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Power & Utilities, Technology, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Vincent||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Network Operations Engineer
Central London + Hybrid Working
£38,000 - £44,000 + benefits
Network Operations Engineer needed for a well-known full fibre broadband provider based in London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Network Operations Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Senior Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification (ideally CCNA or JNCIA), and have extensive prior experience providing 2nd / 3rd line support with Juniper networking equipment.
Some of the main duties of the Network Operations Engineer will include:
- You will be responsible for monitoring, diagnosing and managing network faults to ensure high availability, additionally supporting customer care teams and field installation resources.
- Monitoring of various customer networks across different technologies
- Carrying out diagnosis on faults raised and escalating issues into network engineering or vendors/suppliers as required
- Support customer care and NOC team with diagnosis of customer reported faults
- Prioritising faults to meet SLAs
- Providing regular updates to customer care teams on the progress of fault resolution
- Provisioning of new services, supporting field installation teams
- Provide network monitoring support to enable pro-active management of incidents which may impact customer service or network performance
- Monday to Friday work patterns (extended hours daytime)
What experience you need to be the successful Network Operations Engineer:
- Previous experience of working in a Network Operations role in a Service Provider environment
- Understanding of multiple network technologies (e.g Ethernet/IP, MPLS). DWDM/GPON/XGS-PON and IPv6 (desirable).
- Experience of Juniper networking equipment
- CCNA or JNCIA certification
- Understanding of Network Management Systems and functions
- Experienced in fault ticketing systems
- Be Proactive, with excellent problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise faults and workload
- The ability to adapt to a fast paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of Linux (desirable)
- Experience of coding / scripting / API (desirable)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Operations Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.