|Location: Marlow||Salary: £31000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Network Planner - Fibre
Looking for candidates in the following areas Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey.
Network Planner required by a well-known full fibre broadband provider based in the South of England to join the Design team. The Network Planner will utilise their knowledge of PIA and experience of the Openreach network to assist with the production of detailed technical designs, to provide accurate costing and stakeholder confidence.
The successful Network Planner must have an understanding of different FTTP Network Architecture and knowledge using QGIS or other similar GIS platforms to design fibre networks (e.g. Qfield / ArcGis)
- Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 25 day's holidays
- Pension Plan
- Private medical care
- Flexible working - Split between office/home and out on field
- Career Progression
Some of the main duties of the Network Planner will include:
- Assemble Data Packs including Mapping Data / PIA Data / Premises Data
- Produce Ring Design, which features and inter-cabinet / town resilient connectivity
- Cluster homes into Primary Node areas and optimise spine routing, as part of High-Level Design
- Use the Design Rules (Network Architecture) to plan large scale FTTP distribution networks, as part of Low-Level Design, utilising a healthy mixture of PIA & new Swish Network
- Present FTTP solutions to the Design Manager(s) & relevant stakeholders as part of regular review meetings
- Engage with Field Project Managers to actively seek feedback with continuous improvement in mind.
What experience you need to be the successful Network Planner:
- Experience of working in/designing around the Openreach network and a strong knowledge of PIA
- Demonstrate an analytical skillset to understand the full impact of changes on the design and associated outputs
- Experience of FTTP networks & Survey processes
- PIA product knowledge
- Understanding of different FTTP Network Architecture
- Understanding of Desk based Design Software & Field based Design Software
- Knowledge and experience using QGIS or other similar GIS platforms to design fibre networks (e.g. Qfield / ArcGis)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.