|Location: West Sussex||Salary: £45000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 10 days ago|
£40,000 - £48,000
NPI Engineer needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Gatwick who are looking to employ an experienced NPI Engineer who takes pride in their work.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the NPI Engineer will include:
- Representing Manufacturing influence the design at the earliest opportunity (G1-G2) to ensure objectives and requirements of Manufacturing are considered and met during Product Creation Projects.
- Support make/buy decision
- Communicate progress, risks and issues for escalation to SCM management.
- Interface with the Product Creation Process project teams and produce plans and activities that support product introduction at the right time, at the right cost and the right quality.
- Contribute to the Design Transfer process utilizing manufacturing engineering, Lean, quality management and supply chain management skills as and where appropriate.
- Support the creation of prototype and development products alongside the project team.
- Support the fast turnaround of engineering changes into manufacturing to ensure that product improvements are introduced quickly and cost effectively.
- As an expert in family trees, BOMs and engineering change notes, liaise with Engineers, Designers, Manufacturing, Service and Planners to help structure engineering changes correctly, allowing clear communication of information to suppliers and other departments.
- Understand the impact of NPI on existing manufacturing footprint and consider and advise on future requirements along with Understanding the full lifecycle costs of future products including installation and service costs.
- Manage the introduction of new products in to manufacturing and the phasing out of the old paying attention to minimising the impact on inventory and potential scrap.
- Support rest of Manufacturing engineering department with the creation of new product manufacturing documents and specifications for the manufacturing process including Work instructions and test schedules.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in relevant processes, project management and problem-solving tools and techniques
- Day to day technical support for the resolution of build problems, including authorisation of Non-Conformance Reports when the documented build process cannot be followed, and authorisation of amendments to Production documents.
- Signatory and sign off for Engineering Change Orders at manufacturing review stage
- Signatory and sign off for Design Transfer plans and reports at project release gates.
- Represent and take decisions on behalf of Manufacturing at project meetings.
What you need to be the successful NPI Engineer:
In order to be the successful NPI Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A strong manufacturing background is essential.
- Demonstrable record of successfully transferring innovation projects into a global supply chain is essential.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, Bills of Materials and translate into production processes.
- Good understanding of configuration control principals, as employed in an engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of ISO13485, 9001 and their application within supply chains.
- Experience of ERP and PLM environments essential.
- Experience of facilitating improvement workshops or forums.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks.
- Experience of interfacing with innovation personnel, manufacturing, supply chains and senior management.
- Ability and willingness to travel to global locations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Medical industry and product domain knowledge are desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a NPI Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.