|Location: Crawley||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 3 days ago|
NPI Project Engineer
The NPI Project Engineer, key responsibilities are to successfully manage and coordinate the development and design transfer of new products, upgrades and significant product updates, from preliminary concept design phases through prototype manufacture and testing and implementation of a production solution for volume manufacture.
Management of projects will involve the utilization of both internal teams and external supply chain engineering resources and drive for consistent production of quality products when released to the market.
Working in collaboration with a cross functional team within the my clients innovation and product creation process.
The NPI Engineer defines the functions, features and processes to enable the supply chain to source high quality material.
This position supports my clients need to deliver new and updated products to the market on time, to the right quality and at the reduce the system cost of goods.
The performance of the successful individual is defined and measured by goals and competencies through several specific objectives -
- To work within a cross functional team in a collaborative and engaging manner on assigned activities
- Manage project requirements through my clients Agile Project management tool (Training to be provided)
- Establish Operations resource requirements to support successful implementation of projects
- Lead operations activities for my clients Product Creation Process (PCP)
- Will be assigned to a project team to drive product improvements and cost of goods reduction activities
- Liaise with the Buyers, Suppliers, Commercial and Spares Planners to determine and implement the point of introduction.
- Establish cost benefit analysis by working design teams and suppliers, potential to rework, NRE costs, compared with current service costs
- To work with installation teams and service organizations to identify systematic defects in product and improve total cost of ownership (through CRM Process)
- Communicate progress, risks and issues for escalation to Operations management
- Establish Operational related investment costs and justifications
- Assist in the establishment of supply chains for Product to support the business line strategic plans
- Engagement with suppliers on assigned activities, time, cost, quality
- Manage and deliver new product development projects within the supply chain
- Deliver projects to release and production implementation within system
- Complete the design transfer of new product to volume production
- The key working relationships for this position are; the Purchasing Team, Global engineering team, Manufacturing Team, the Logistics Team, the Spares Team, the R&D Team, the Quality Assurance / Regulatory Assurance Team and the global supply base
- Be responsible for compliance to my clients business management system.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- A minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAFE Agile Project management tools (training will be provided)
- A strong background in a manufacturing discipline is essential
- Ability to read engineering drawings, Bills of Materials and translate into production processes.
- Good understanding of configuration control principals, as employed in an engineering environment.
- Experience of interfacing with innovation personnel, manufacturing, supply chains and senior management
- Communication and influencing skills are a key competence, and the ability to liaise and influence key stakeholders at all levels and different cultures
- Experience of facilitating design/process improvement workshops or forums.
- Experience in the successfully transfer of projects into manufacturing and/or a global supply chain
- Knowledge of and use of ERP and/or PDM systems
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability and willingness to travel to global locations.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Supplier / Customer facing skills / interpersonal, influencing and negotiation
- Fluent in English
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.