|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: £45000 - £54000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Obsolescence Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Defence organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced Obsolescence Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Obsolescence & ILS principles.
The successful Obsolescence Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £45,000 - 54,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays (Increases with tenure)
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Share Incentive Plan
* Flexible working hours
* Employee assistance programme
* Cycle scheme
What the role entails: You will play a pivotal role in supporting, integrating and coordinating Obsolescence activities from design through to and including in service.
Some of the main duties of the Obsolescence Engineer will include:
* With support from the Obsolescence Manager, contributing to the development and delivery of Obsolescence Management Plans, Risk Assessments and Reports.
* Maintaining the Combat System Obsolescence Notification Database including identifying areas for improvement.
* Performing secretarial duties to the CS Obsolescence Management Working Group, ensuring meeting minutes, actions and reports are generated, co-ordinated and managed.
* With support from the CS Obsolescence Manager and Principal Engineer (Obsolescence), you will lead the delivery of the Astute Programme Obsolescence resolution process.
* Identifying key stakeholders and co-ordinating obsolescence events through the Obsolescence Management End to End process, ensuring impact to projects/programmes is understood, communicated and progressed through to resolution.
* Pro-actively engaging within the wider enterprise to determine candidate Mitigation and Resolution solutions for identified obsolescence.
What you need to be the successful Obsolescence Engineer:
* Qualified to HND/C level in an appropriate Engineering or Scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
* Experience of compiling reports, of a technical and project nature, utilising MS Office applications to compile and present information across the enterprise.
* An appreciation of the causes of Obsolescence and the general strategies deployed in mitigating and resolving Obsolescence, through-out the product lifecycle desirable
* An understanding of Integrated Logistical Support (ILS)/supportability processes
* Awareness of specialist tools, processes, policies and services for the management of Obsolescence would be beneficial
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Obsolescence Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!