|Location: London, England||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Space||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for an Optical Payload Engineer working for a leading Satellite Company.
As Optical Payload Engineer, you will apply engineering knowledge to support the design, manufacturing, and testing of advanced optical payload components, assemblies, and subsystems. Duties may adjust as the payload and spacecraft progress through design, development, integration, and test towards launch.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply engineering knowledge to support the design, development and testing of advanced optical payload components, assemblies, and subsystems.
- Assist in requirements development, and support requirements flow-down and traceability. Assist with ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards, or ensure appropriate deviations/waivers are in place.
- Manage suppliers to deliver work packages on design and development
- Evaluate system, subsystem and unit level design, as necessary, to determine if the design is adequate to meet program requirements and cost effective.
- Assess subsystem technical performance within cost and schedule constraints. Identify risks to program plans and schedules, and support development of corrective action plans.
- Participate in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) to troubleshoot and resolve anomalies and test failures. Develop mitigation plans and identify impacts to subsystem, spacecraft, and mission performance.
- Confirm requirements verification by evaluating unit, subsystem, and vehicle performance and environmental test data, analysis, and inspection results.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical discipline
- 5 years of engineering experience with satellite payload systems, procurement and/or AIV
- 5 years of System acquisition experience, specifically writing and evaluating requirements, procuring hardware, and monitoring development contractor performance
- Expertise in high fidelity advanced sensor concepts, designs, and performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PhD in Optical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical discipline
- Experience with multiple spacecraft programs and a variety of satellite payloads
- Experience with early life-cycle engineering activities/milestones, payload & spacecraft integration and test, and Launch and Initialization (L&I) activities
- Able to work effectively with a variety of engineers in different disciplines and organizations
- Knowledge of high fidelity multi-spectral imaging concepts, sensor designs, and implementation
- Knowledge of Signal Processing, Image processing, sampling theory, data compression
Candidates must hold or be able to obtain UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.