|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
PCB Design Engineer
PCB Design Engineer needed to join a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of advanced electronic materials based in Milton Keynes.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the PCB Design Engineer will include:
* Create and maintain PCB layouts, producing the necessary assembly drawings and Gerber data for our PCB suppliers.
* Generate and maintain technical documentation in accordance with our procedures, including BOMs, specifications, and assembly instructions.
* A degree of mechanical design work in relation to product fixtures and fittings (cases, bobbins, packaging, production/test fixtures etc.).
* Create and maintain component libraries.
* Develop and maintain design Rules for PCB layouts.
* Work with the cross functional team to ensure all mechanical assemblies are compatible with product /process design.
* Check drawings and documents.
* Take on other work as necessary to support the company's activities.
* To produce and amend technical documentation in relation to the design and manufacture of DC-DC converters and AC-DC converters, specialising in PCB layout.
What you need to be the successful PCB Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful PCB Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role with a solid understanding of PCB layouts.
* Knowledge of modern electronic assembly processes, including PCB manufacturing processes.
* A suitable aptitude for documentation control, methodical, meticulous, with an eye for attention to detail.
* IT literate including familiarity with MS office software.
* The ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure in a professional engineering environment.
* An ability to work accurately to defined timescales.
Desireable but not essential:
* HND in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline.
* Familiar with mechanical design of power converters, relating to manufacturability, EMI/EMC and thermal constrains.
* Experience with Pads Layout PCB software.
* Experience with AutoCAD 2D software.
* Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
* Experience with FEA tool for thermal analysis.
* Knowledge of UL60950 and UL60601 safety standards.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a PCB Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!