|Location: Plymouth, Plymouth, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + car, bonus, package|
|Sector: Construction, Planning and Project Controls, Planning, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Lilburn|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Engineer to join a leading name in the construction industry on a major project based in Devon. They will join a dynamic organization who are highly regarded for their expertise in delivering major complex schemes across the UK and internationally.
The Planning Engineer will be a key member of a growing team who have been appointed to provide expertise in managing and delivering key infrastructure projects part of a major multi-billion pound programme.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for supporting project managers in the delivery of projects by providing high-level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
- Preparing robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tool.
- Providing fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team.
- Incorporating appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Displaying and evaluating the project critical path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Producing and maintaining project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Managing and recording correctly all project progress in the programme, reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action.
- Producing project reports or data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understanding and reporting on a project using earned value analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Producing programmes that satisfy contractual requirements.
The Planning Engineer will have a construction / engineering background and hold an industry related qualification. They will have strong project delivery experience along with Primavera P6 skills and excellent communication skills. They will join an award winning organization who provide industry leading training and development. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package that includes the following.
- Basic salary of up to £65,000 per annum
- Annual car allowance £7,000
- Life assurance
- Private medical
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
If you are looking for a new career challenge and you are interested in the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 950223.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.