|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £70000 per annum + + car & package|
|Sector: Planning and Project Controls, Planning||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Lilburn||Job Published: 18 days ago|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Planning Engineer to join a leading mechanical and electrical contractor based in Central London. They will join a highly regarded business who over the past 40 years have partnered leading names in the UK construction industry on a host of high profile projects.
The Planning Engineer will play a key role within the department of Planning ensures that the project is given necessary support during tender, design, installation and handover to perform at its optimum level from a delivery, commercial, financial and resource perspective. They will be involved on projects throughout their project life-cycle, from tender stage through to completion.
- Create / Maintain a Robust logically linked, cost & resource loaded programme using accurate work break down structure from first principle.
- Maintaining Client expectations from programme point view.
- Updating Project programme on weekly basis
- Carrying out Regular Programme Reviews and ensuring contractual obligations are in place.
- Carrying Out impact assessment and presenting delay programmes, cause & effect programmes.
- Keep close track of progress via look ahead & site diaries as well as regular site visits.
- Prepare / Submit Weekly Site Progress Photo Reports.
- Preparing EOT Programmes, What If Programmes as required to Support Project Planning.
- Supporting Planning Team by carrying out similar duties on projects nationally as requested by Planning Manager.
- Implementing the planning Standards on the Project Programme.
- Ensuring realistic programme logic is in place & maintaining a Programme Log for all changes.
- Preparing programmes and progress narratives for all updated programmes.
- Highlighting programme concerns with Planning Manager & Project Team and proposing mitigations.
- Periodically issuing Earned Value Analysis & SPI, CPIs
- The ability to communicate with clients and collate and present programme information at all levels
- Recording and managing planning issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at planning level.
- Insuring all additional works (variations) incorporated & impacted in programme.
- Key dependencies and highlighted on programme and tracked regularly.
- Supporting Commercial on management of R&O on projects level.
- To formulate and support new business initiatives, taking the lead on some as required
- Minimum 2 years UK planning experience
- Experience at both tender and contract stages of projects
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 software
- Ideally from an electrical or mechanical background but not essential
- Previously worked within the infrastructure environment (utilities/civils etc)
- Be a competent and have experience in the production of planning related documentation.
On offer is a competitive basic salary of between £45-70,000 per annum plus an attractive benefits package that includes annual car allowance £7,000, pension, healthcare, life assurance, private medical and other great benefits.
If you are looking for your next career move in planning and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please send your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 944231.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.