|Location: Cumbria||Salary: £80000 - £90000 per annum + + subsistence + car allowance + package|
|Sector: Planning and Project Controls, Planning, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Lilburn||Job Published: 29 days ago|
A major force in UK main contracting has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Manager to join their team on a recently won major project based in Cumbria. The Planning Manager will play a crucial role in managing the construction programme and leading a team of Planning Engineers on a complex infrastructure project.
The Planning Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive project schedules using Primavera P6 software. They will collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of the project.
- Oversee the planning function for a major civils infrastructure project, ensuring the development and maintenance of accurate and effective project schedules.
- Lead a team of planning engineers, providing guidance, support, and training to optimize their performance and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and stakeholders to develop project schedules, considering critical paths, resource allocation, and interdependencies.
- Utilize Primavera P6 software to create and update project schedules, incorporating changes and identifying potential risks or delays.
- Monitor project progress against planned schedules, identifying deviations, and implementing corrective measures to ensure project delivery within agreed timelines.
- Conduct regular reviews of project schedules, analyzing data, and providing accurate reports to management and project teams.
- Coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure their activities are aligned with the overall project schedule.
- Anticipate potential delays, bottlenecks, and risks, and provide recommendations for mitigation strategies to keep the project on track.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Planning Manager with a background in civil engineering and a proven track record of planning major infrastructure projects to be involved in an exciting scheme offering long term secured work in the region.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in planning and scheduling within the civils infrastructure industry, preferably on major projects.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 software is essential. Additional knowledge of other planning tools would be advantageous.
- Proven leadership experience, including managing a team of planning engineers.
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies, critical path analysis, and resource allocation principles.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and identify trends and patterns.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with project teams, stakeholders, and subcontractors.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Track record of successfully delivering large-scale infrastructure projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- Starting salary of circa £80-90,000 per annum
- Hybrid working week - - 3 days on site / 2 days remote
- Choice of company car or annual car allowance of £7,000
- Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subsistence and Living allowance for saying away from home
- Flexible benefits scheme and other great benefits
If you are looking for a new career challenge in planning and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting refence 64548.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.