|Location: Stafford||Salary: £40000 - £41000 per annum + Beenfits + Uplift|
|Sector: Power & Utilities, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Neeve Truelove||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Plant & Vehicle Fitter / Mechanic
Including company Van
We have an excellent opportunity to join a leading Highways Maintenance company as a Plant & Vehicle Fitter. We are looking for a hands-on problem solver with a passion for machinery and vehicles. If you're a Plant and Vehicle fitter with a passion for precision, innovation, and excellence then we've got the opportunity for you. As a Plant and Vehicle Fitter you will be providing a repair and maintenance service for all the company owned plant, vehicles, and machinery.
What you'll be doing
As a Plant & Vehicle Fitter, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- To follow Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Deliver onsite breakdown assistance to the operations team.
- Ensure completion and timely uploading of the necessary admin records for all performed repairs, servicing, and inspections.
- Collaborate with Plant & Transport teams to discuss service schedules, purchase order details and stock level updates.
Who we're looking for in a Plant & Vehicle Fitter
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience in both plant and vehicle repair and maintenance
- NVQ/SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant or Vehicle Maintenance
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic systems, diesel engines and fabrication processes.
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and Road Traffic Regulations.
- Adaptable: Night work and working away from home will be required.
- Basic Knowledge of IT systems i.e. Microsoft Outlook
- Communication skills to effectively interact with customers and team members
- Full Clean UK Driving License
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Plant & Vehicle Fitter If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.