|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Job Title: Platform Solution Architect
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Systems, Platform, NSX, EXSI, VMware, MoD, Virtualisation, Cloud, Private, Public, AWS, Azure, JIRA, .NET, Exchange, Server, Solutions
An experienced Platform Solution Architect is required to play a key role in being responsible for the design and development of the core elements of the IT Platform. The primary focus of this service is to undertake and coordinate all development tasks related to the design of the core platform as agreed by the Engineering Management Team via the Programme Increment planning process.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Platform Solution Architect?
- Interacting with all design and development team leads to ensure cross team, cross technology coherence to satisfy the requirements of the system and act as initial point of contact for all team members within the Core Platform Engineering community.
- Supporting Engineering and SDA Stakeholder engagement.
- Ensuring that standards, frameworks, and security postures align with overall business and technology strategies and policies e.g., Defence as a Platform, Federated Mission Networking, DefStans and JSPs
- Identifying and communicating all proposed solutions across design teams and review all high, and intermediate designs from all teams.
- Defining, managing, and reviewing the production of all core platform low-level and detailed level designs assuring coherence, technical content, and quality.
- Supporting the design of infrastructure and software architecture elements to enable the system to function within the context of a UK deployed environment.
- Supporting the build of system test, reference, and development environments to prove services and to demonstrate successful satisfaction of the requirements.
- Liaising with other solution engineers and team leads across Engineering to ensure a robust solution is delivered within time, cost and performance.
- Identifying capability gaps in existing architectures and recommend changes or enhancements in line with Agile and continuous improvement methods.
What are we looking for in our next Platform Solution Architect?
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- Successfully running a large development team, ensuring delivery timescales are met.
In-depth experience of:
- VMware's Software Defined Networking Product - NSX, to deliver secure multi-tenancy solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems at expert level.
- Additional Microsoft based technologies such as Exchange, Skype, SQL and Group Policy.
- Microsoft Windows 10, various Linux implementations from thick client to zero client VDI solutions.
- Public and Private cloud architectures utilising Software Defined Datacentre (SDDC) techniques.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN 6.5, Site Recovery Manager 8.1 and Horizon 7.4.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Platform Solution Architect, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Platform Solution Architect, hit that apply button now!
Active Security Clearance (SC) is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.