|Location: Bath||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Platform Solution Engineer
Platform Solution Engineer needed for a well-known defence organisation based in Bath who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Platform Solution Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using Microsoft Windows Server, VMware and has experience with solution design of secure hardware and software solutions.
The successful candidate would desirably a number of years' experience within a similar role etc and have a keen interest in Platform Solution Engineering. If you have experience in Exchange, Skype, SQL or Group Policy that would be a plus!
- Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Platform Solution Engineer will include:
- Interacting with all design and development team leads to ensure cross team, cross technology coherence to satisfy the requirements of the NSoIT(D) system and act as initial point of contact for all team members within the Core Platform Engineering community.
- Identifying and communicating all proposed solutions across design teams and review all high, and intermediate designs from all teams.
- Defining, managing, and reviewing the production of all core platform low-level and detailed level designs assuring coherence, technical content, and quality.
- Supporting the design of infrastructure and software architecture elements to enable the system to function within the context of a UK deployed environment.
What experience you need to be the successful Platform Solution Engineer:
- VMware's Software Defined Networking Product - NSX, to deliver secure multi-tenancy solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems at expert level.
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilizing emerging technologies where possible.
- Microsoft Windows 10, various Linux implementations from thick client to zero client VDI solutions.
- Experience with the .NET Framework and Low-Level API calls.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Platform Solution Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.