|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Portfolio Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Gloucestershire, Dorset
Term: 12 Months
Day Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
Key Skills: MODAF, DODAF, Modelling, Customer, Business Development, Relationship Management, Capture Management, Contracts, Leadership, Mod, Defence
An experienced Portfolio Engineer is required to play a key role in being a member of the technical team working a portfolio of programmes and business pursuits ranging from development of programme and technical strategy, conduct of technical studies and assessments, and transition into programme delivery and on-contract growth. The role will have customer- and supplier-facing content and requires an ability to exercise initiative and execute a variety of activities in the context of a long-term technical and strategic vision under the direction of an overall technical lead across the franchise.
So, what will you be doing as a Portfolio Engineer?
- The role will be an engineer within a franchise with multiple bids/programmes individually ranging from low value contract research and development through to opportunities of up to £100m.
- The role will require versatility and ability to adapt to a variety of different tasks, typically being responsible for a significant segment of the system design as well as cross-cutting tasks to ensure the integrity of the design.
- The role demands an enthusiasm for learning new customer missions and potential technologies, and the ability to generate clear, focussed and compelling deliverables using model-based engineering, document and presentations.
What are we looking for in our next Portfolio Engineer?
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme Management and leadership
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven customer-focussed attitude and ability to understand customer business and technical needs, and develop requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Ability to work closely with Capture and BD teams to exploit existing planned capability delivery opportunities.
- Able to demonstrate strong technical acumen within a busy operational environment whilst providing support to team leads and assistance to peers
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing and delivering elements of a highly technical programme.
- Have familiarity with Architecture standards such as MODAF, DODAF
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Portfolio Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.