|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £65000 - £85000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Job Title: Portfolio Technical Lead
Location: Portsmouth, Gloucester or Wiltshire
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 DOE + Package
Key Skills: MODAF, DODAF, Modelling, Customer, Business Development, Relationship Management, Capture Management, Contracts, Leadership, Mod, Defence
An experienced Portfolio Technical Lead is required to play a key role in leading a portfolio of programmes and business pursuits ranging from development of programme and technical strategy, conduct of technical studies and assessments, and transition into programme delivery and on-contract growth. The role has significant customer- and supplier-facing content and requires a proven ability to self-identify and execute a variety of activities in the context of a long-term technical and strategic vision.
So, what will you be doing as a Portfolio Technical Lead?
- Providing support to Business Development and Capture Management including identification and leadership of technical activities in support of the long-term franchise.
- Generation of a technical vision and roadmap and alignment of ongoing programmes and opportunities to further that vision, including alignment with business and commercial objectives.
- Leadership of all multi-disciplined technical staff assigned across the franchise, including permanently-assigned staff and staff shared with other programmes.
- Generation of White Papers and delivery of appropriate external events such as customer demonstrations, conference exhibitions and presentations
- Generation of Should-Costs, estimates, resource and staffing requirements, nominal schedules, opportunity qualification activities and competitive analysis.
- Providing support to capture events including strategy development, competitive analysis and internal/independent reviews.
- Development of external relationships including customers, user, other businesses, universities and lab engagements, including securing third party investments.
What are we looking for in our next Portfolio Technical Lead?
- Proven experience in similar roles working to industry best practice standards.
- Ability to work closely with BD and Capture teams to exploit existing planned capability delivery opportunities.
- Proven customer-focussed attitude and ability to understand customer business and technical needs, and develop requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme
- Management and leadership
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy operational environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other Engineers
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing and delivering large scale technical programmes
- Familiarity with Architecture standards such as MODAF, DODAF
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Portfolio Technical Lead, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.