|Location: Cumbria||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear, Construction, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Principal Civil Engineer
Permanent - Competitive Salary
Principal Civil Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Cumbria who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Civil Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Principal Civil Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with the design/integration/assurance side of the engineering lifecycle from a civil / structural engineering role.
If you have a background within defence, maritime/naval or heavy engineering that would be a plus!
What the role of the Principal Civil Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Civil Engineer will include:
- Ensuring that all new or modified assets are compliant with relevant current standards for intended use and meet with stakeholder requirements
- Ensuring that nuclear related assets on the Licensed Site are justified to meet the requirements of the Nuclear Site License
- Establishing and agreeing stakeholder requirements (and if applicable Nuclear Safety Functional Requirements) for facilities and equipment
- Production of reports, technical specifications and Statement of Requirements (SoR) documents, as well as the production of special operating procedures and documentation
- Providing advice to other disciplines, maintainers and site committees on technical issues and requirements to meet nuclear, HS&E and other relevant legislation
- Review of design proposals for both new assets and for major modifications
- Assisting in the project management of installations and commissioning of new and modified assets where discipline knowledge is required
- Overseeing consultants and contractors who supply specialist analysis and design services or installations
- Amending design substantiation reports and producing safety justification documentation to support the safety case for Nuclear Related site facilities and equipment and obtaining authorisation through due process
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Civil Engineer:
- Degree, or equivalent, in a Civil/ Structural Engineering (or closely related) discipline
- Experience in a civil/structural engineering role
- Experience of technical document writing and report-building
- MS office experience
- Registered with an Engineering professional institute - chartered or working towards
- Delivery within a Nuclear Environment to relevant ONR License Conditions or similar highly regulated business
- Ability to produce civil / structural designs to meet current standards
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.