|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £50000 - £62000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Principal Configuration Engineer
Portsmouth - Hybrid Working
£50,000 - £62,000
Principal Configuration Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices in the Portsmouth area are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Configuration Engineer that takes pride in their work.
As a Principal Configuration Engineer, you will be degree qualified within engineering or equivalent experience. You will be responsible for the configuration management and delivery of the support information package that meets the in-service operation, maintenance, repair and training requirements. You will be required to assist in the provision of correctly structured support data to achieve outputs and project lifecycle review targets by engaging with a variety of stakeholders and contractors.
What the role of the Principal Configuration Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Product Security Engineer will include:
- Reporting to the Support Information Manager, responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of the Support Configuration Control Plan and Configuration processes.
- Manage the Support Configuration Team, providing mentoring, monitor training and development, and day-to day activities and deliverables.
- Manage configuration control activities of Support Data using the Windchill tool and Raytheon Eagle suite of tools (LSAR), ensuring that Support deliverables are delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Provide Configuration Management subject matter expertise and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure a cohesive and agreed set configuration management processes is established and adhered to.
- Managing the review and approval of configuration data deliverables, provided by all stakeholders, during Design, Manufacture and In-Service phases.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Configuration Engineer:
- In-depth knowledge of principles and approaches to Configuration Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core data management principles and techniques relating to process storage, organisation and retrieval.
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering) or equivalent working experience CM2 accreditation
- Understanding and experience of ILS (DEF STAN 00-600, S1000D, S3000L and JSP 886) and Support Functions within major Projects.
- Understanding of Configuration Management standards (DEF STAN 02-41 and 05-57)
- Understanding of industry and MoD data flow processes and tools from source to end user.
- Previous experience working on complex Engineering integration programmes
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Configuration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.