|Location: Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Principal Design Engineer
What the role entails:
Would you like to play a key role within the Small Boats design team? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Design Engineer at our site in Portsmouth.
As a Principal Design Engineer, you will be responsible for providing design capability across a broad spectrum of projects, this includes providing solutions in support of new build and development for small craft.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure to various types of small craft in a versatile and experienced team, you will also have the opportunity to set up new processes and shape a growing team.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Design Engineer will involve:
- Leading engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery
- Provide sound estimates for engineering work carried out.
- Providing technical guidance to other team members.
- Oversee and conduct design tasks such as 3D modelling, drawing creation, component design.
- Responsible for drawing creation and drawing processes within the engineering team.
- Participating in a wide range of activities including concept design, detailed design, support to build, delivery and in service support to the small boats sector.
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients.
- Participation in the preparation and submission of technical proposals and tenders as directed by bid the manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work under the authority of the SDA.
- Maintaining accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken.
Your skills and qualifications:
- In-depth small craft design knowledge (such as RIBs and vessels below 20 m)
- Boat building experience
- Experience of 2D / 3D Modelling (In house package NX)
- Knowledge of Small Craft design standards and processes (IMO, MCA, ISO, DefStan, Classification Rules)
- Experience of leading design projects
- Experience leading a team
- Understanding of commercial or military small craft
- Experience of Marine engineering
- Exposure to a production environment
- Knowledge of Composites vessel design
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Principal Design Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.