|Location: London, Greater London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Principal Embedded Software Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in North London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Embedded Software Engineer that takes pride in their work and has 10 years or more experience working on embedded software designs, proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product and has a proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Embedded Software Engineer will include:
- To use good engineering practice to produce embedded software for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing software in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To be responsible for defining requirements for a feature/bug fix up to full system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- Will be expected to take responsibility of multiple projects/work packages. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be knowledgeable of the company's working polices and ensure they are followed throughout the team.
- To be responsible for building a software package for release; including: configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- To be able to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented embedded software and verify it operates as expected.
- Technical liaison within and outside the company with customers, suppliers and collaborators on software related matters.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing constructive feedback in code/document reviews.
- Travel within the UK & Germany may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Embedded Software Engineer:
- 10 years or more experience working on embedded software designs.
- Proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product.
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Principal Embedded Software Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.