|Location: Glasgow||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Power & Utilities, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Principal Engineer - Structures
Principal Engineer - Structures needed for a highly reputable Highways and Infrastructure organisation based in Glasgow who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Engineer - Structures that takes pride in their work with 10+ years' experience in the design of complex bridge, structures and highway projects, experience with quality control procedures and a working knowledge of standard highway and profound knowledge of structural mechanics and fundamental engineering principles.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Engineer - Structures will include:
- Undertaking and lead scheme feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision
- Creating feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options
- Acting as Lead Designer on medium and large highway bridge projects work undertaken by the team
- Mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Technicians to ensure project delivery
- Ensuring designs are carried out in accordance with current design standards taking into account of CDM legislation, whole life costing, value and risk management
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Engineer - Structures:
- You must be Chartered Engineer Status (MICE or MIStructE) with min 10 years Post-Graduate Experience
- 10+ years' experience in the design of complex bridge, structures and highway projects
- Experience with quality control procedures
- Experience in programme management and project management
- Profound knowledge of structural mechanics and fundamental engineering principles
- Significant experience designing and assessing both concrete and steel bridges
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Engineer - Structures to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.