|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Principal Environmental Engineer
Would you like to be involved in supporting the Digital Services group for the Environmental requirements for the design of production of digital products supporting our National and International customer's needs. We currently have a role of Principal Environmental Engineer based at either Portsmouth or Bristol.
As a Principal Environmental Engineer, you will be applying your significant environmental experience to engineering systems to assist our customers in understanding their Environmental profile. You will achieve this through a range of environmental assessment and management activities supplying advice and support to customers, stakeholders and internal projects.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to join a large and expanding Engineering and Digital Services team, where skills and competency in environmental management and sustainability and drive towards net zero carbon is becoming ever more critical to the business. The role will also give you the opportunity to grow and develop your own team of environmental professionals leading to wider promotion within the business.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Environmental Engineer will include:
- To assist the E&DS Safety and Environmental lead in the delivery of all Environmental aspects within the wider engineering programme deliverables.
- To advise projects on environmental compliance within UK and International Legislation.
- To support projects in the conduct of environmental impact and assessment analysis.
- To advise projects on possible future changes to legislation.
- Produce environmental case reports, demonstrating to stakeholders the compliance status of projects and or products.
- Lead in the delivery of environmental assessment and management tasks, both internally and externally.
- Identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in environmental management.
- Act as the main point of contact for customers/projects in relation to environmental management.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Provide technical advice to less experienced team members, colleagues in Maritime Services and Naval Ships and customers.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Ability to apply depth of knowledge, skill and significant product environmental experience to engineering systems in order to assist our customers in understanding their Environmental profile.
- The ability to undertake a range of environmental assessment and management activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to customers, stakeholders and internal projects.
- Good understanding of the global energy sector.
- Degree or postgraduate degree in Environmental Science or equivalent experience.
- Practitioner Member of suitable Environmental professional body i.e IEMA.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Environmental Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.