|Location: Warrington, Cheshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Principal Human Factors Consultant.
£50,000 - £60,000
This Principal Human Factors Consultant role requires a wide and comprehensive variety of industry, legislative and technical knowledge in the application of Human Factors techniques in areas such as decommissioning (strategy, optioneering) decontamination (best practice), transport, waste management (hierarchy, waste led decommissioning) as well as client specific systems, with experience in all aspects of delivering Human Factors in a large, complex safety case, along with the ability to present the associated technical arguments to clients, their in-house safety teams and, when needed, safety committees.
What's on offer:
A competitive Salary between £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
Annual Performance bonus.
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Private Health cover.
- Experience: Significant proven and relevant technical Human Factors experience.
- Project Management: Demonstrate a good level of project management knowledge and experience.
- Nuclear Site Experience: A comprehensive knowledge of working on at least one Nuclear site and its systems and processes.
Professionalism and Management Approach:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the company values and set an example in your professional approach to work, ethics, communications, respect and safety for those around you.
- Build strong relationships.
- Always try to motivate project team members & staff to continually improve.
Human Factors Competencies: Key Requirements
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and experience in the management and production of Human Factors aspects of complex safety cases, for a number of plant types at different lifecycle stages, as part of a team, and demonstrating the capability to work unsupervised.
This experience should include the majority of the following:
- Undertake the role of lead Human Factors assessor in support of complicated safety cases for high hazard category facilities/plants.
- Managing Human Factors support for high hazard category facilities/plants, involving a team of consultants
- Managing the interfaces with clients and with the HF process (e.g. peer review, independent technical assessment, etc.)
- Presenting and defending Human Factors deliverables and findings at safety committees.
- The capability to coach and mentor staff within the team.
- Demonstrate direct involvement in the production of all major Human Factors elements of safety cases, in particular, fault analysis and the identification, specification and design of safety systems (engineered and administrative)
- Demonstrate direct involvement in the integration of HF techniques in the design process and interfacing with key
- Demonstrate technical competence in the application of Human Factors techniques in areas such as decommissioning (e.g. strategy, optioneering) decontamination (techniques, best practice), radioactive materials transport), licensing/de-licensing, waste management (e.g. hierarchy, waste led decommissioning)
- Represent the Company on technical matters to clients/external stakeholders
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving problems
- Produce technical reports that present clear and reasoned arguments with supporting evidence
- Lead technical discussion and presentation of work to clients and regulators
- Provide high level checking & verification for technical / compliance / thoroughness of argument / QA standards
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.