|Location: Reading, Reading, England||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Principal Human Factors Engineer.
Defence Industry. (Able to achieve SC clearance is a pre-requisite)
£57,000 - £62,000 + Bonus and Benefits Package.
Flexible / Hybrid working pattern available.
Multiple possible base locations available (Hampshire, Cheshire, Somerset, Sussex)
As an expert in Human Factors Engineering you will be responsible for implementing Human Factors best practice methodologies. The projects will typically be in the UK Defence sector and can include Land, Sea or Air projects.
Provide HF support to projects and bid related activites
On larger projects you will provide leadership to less experienced Human Factors Engineers
Apply a range of Human Factors methods and tools to solutions and product designs
Your main focus will be on the successful delivery of a range of solutions to a wide variety of customers in both Civil and Military domains.
- Act as the Human Factors IVVQM on specific projects.
- Support multiple projects in a range of domains encompassing Land, Sea and Air.
- Support less experienced Human Factors Engineers in their planning and execution of Human Factors related activities
We are looking for an innovative and forward thinking individual with the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- Significant amount of knowledge of Human Factors in Land, Sea and/or Air domains
- Ability to apply a range of HF methods and tools principles to solution/product design such as:
- Wworkstation and workplace design
- HCI/HMI design and assessment
- task analysis
- HRA (Human Reliability Analysis)
- TNA (Training Needs Analysis)
- Good written and verbal communication skills to allow effective communication with peers, and both technical and non-technical customers
- Methodical and organised approach to work and tasks - skilled at priority setting.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.