|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Principal Network Engineer
Wiltshire - Chippenham area
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Principal Network Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Chippenham area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Network Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Principal Network Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with complex, long term IT projects. You will be required to provide technical guidance and assistance through the provision of complex technical consultation on current and proposed capability. If you have a background within military/defence networking environments that would be extremely advantageous!
SC Clearance will be required for this role.
What the role of the Principal Network Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Network Engineer will include:
- Provide 4th line Network support within the Datacentre.
- Support of the Network related elements for the technology components such as proxy functions, security functions, federation functions and protocol translation functions.
- Understand the designed hardware and software architecture elements of the service.
- Simulate issues for resolution in test environments to prove Support Issues and to demonstrate successful satisfaction of Issues.
- Understand/Support the automation of the components of the design and indicate how they can be delivered by the orchestration technology.
- Identify capability gaps in existing architectures and recommend changes or enhancements in line with Agile and continuous improvement methodology to support ongoing support.
- Make use of exceptional communication skills to handle diverse and adverse audiences
- Use strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
- Overall accountability for the effective resolution of all incidents and services requests assigned to the team.
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Network Engineer:
We're looking for an experienced Network professional with a strong background in Information Technology (ideally in the deployed military capability environment or similar) and a clear understanding of the challenges of information security.
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience providing high level consultancy support to defence organisations, using your broad technical knowledge to provide solutions to complex issues.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Network Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.