|Location: Oxford||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Nuclear, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Principal Safety Consultant.
Nuclear Industry - SC Clearance will be required.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity at a senior level within the Company that requires strong technical safety knowledge and the ability to develop and present robust and reasoned arguments in a rational and coherent manner. You will be expected to deliver consultancy and manage Safety Engineering projects to a high level, that meet, and ideally exceed, client expectations particularly on technical excellence, quality of deliverable but also on timescales and cost, in a way that supports the long term growth of the business and its reputation.
- Proven relevant technical Safety Engineering experience in Nuclear industry
- Demonstrate a good level of project management knowledge and experience
- Able to build strong relationships with others in the office and at other locations
- Positive attitude to motivate self and project team members & staff to continually improve & deliver a high quality of work
- Setting an example of coaching and mentoring staff at all levels
Specific Safety Case Experience:
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and experience in the management and production of complex safety cases, for a number of nuclear plant types at different lifecycle stages, as part of a team, demonstrating the capability to work unsupervised within a team.
- Undertaking the role of lead author for complicated safety cases for high hazard category facilities/plants
- Managing complicated safety cases for high hazard category facilities/plants, involving a team of consultants
- Managing the interfaces with clients and with the assurance process (e.g. peer review, independent technical assessment etc.)
- Presenting and defending the safety case at safety committees (or any other scrutiny) meetings;
- The capability to produce elements of a site licensee's safety case production guidance
- The capability to coach and mentor staff within the team
- Demonstrate direct involvement in the production of all major elements of safety cases, in particular, fault analysis and the identification and specification of safety systems (engineered and procedural)
- Clear evidence of being directly involved in the integrated design process and interfacing with engineers and Human Factors Consultants
- Demonstrate technical competence in areas such as decommissioning (e.g. strategy, optioneering) decontamination (techniques, best practice), human factors, radioactive materials transport), licensing/delicensing, waste management (e.g. hierarchy, waste led decommissioning)
- Demonstrate potential for progress to Technical Authority (TA), if appropriate
- Represent the Company on technical matters to clients/external stakeholders
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving problems
- Produce technical reports that present clear and reasoned arguments with supporting evidence
- Lead technical discussion and presentation of work to clients and regulators
- Provide advice/guidance to junior grades and support other grades
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.