|Location: Bristol||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior and Principal Safety Consultant roles available.
UK Passport Holders needed to achieve military clearance levels.
We have roles available at Senior and Principal Safety Consultant level (hence the wide salary band mentioned).
The positions are in the UK Defence industry and are on Land systems so any experience in that area would be highly desirable
We are also very keen to hear from Safety Engineers from Sea or Air backgrounds as we have other similar roles open now in those areas !
In this role you can be part of some of the largest, most high-profile infrastructure projects or deliver more local, niche consultancy projects. This is a role that will keep you challenged: from developing innovative Safety Management solutions, to growing new areas of the business, and enabling the individuals in your division to thrive.
Our teams offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients.
We are seeking multiple Senior and Principal Safety Consultants with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of safety management solutions for our clients, including:
- Support to sales processes and bids.
- Assurance of Safety work undertaken by project teams.
- Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability.
- Leadership of major safety management assignments for clients.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to manage their Systems Safety within the land domain. You will be working with our clients to deliver safety management projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
We require individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics. You will be someone who is looking to make the next step in their career and to join a team that will provide all the opportunities for further progression that come with being part of a growing business.
- Professional in approach to tasks and personal performance.
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results.
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations and in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level.
- Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering.
- Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions.
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers.
- Interest in becoming Chartered if not already achieved.
- Expertise in hazard and safety risk management.
- Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Safety Cases Reports.
- Experienced in development of Safety Management Systems and/or Plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation (UK and EU in particular) as it applies to land systems.
- Experienced in development of Legislation Compliance Assessments.
- Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments such as HAZOP, FMECA, ZHA, FTA & ETA.
- Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets.
- Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.
- Production of articles, papers, or conference presentations within their discipline.
People join this company because they share a desire to be at the forefront of a Business that delivers outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.